OKLAHOMA CITY, May 12, 2023—American Health Staffing Group (AHSG) announced today that it has appointed Di Smalley, Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives, to its Board of Directors.
Smalley joins AHSG with an illustrious track record of success in healthcare as a CEO, nurse executive, and a system executive. She has also had tremendous success in the private sector, both in for-profit and not-for-profit settings.
"I am honored to join this exceptional organization, committed to providing incomparable workforce solutions to healthcare systems and improving patient outcomes,” said Di Smalley, FACHE. “I am excited to work alongside a talented team as we embrace innovative technology through our world-class SaaS platform, Trio VMS, and Per Diem shift scheduling, Trio Shifts, to drive growth and deliver exceptional value to our clients and healthcare professionals alike.”
Smalley’s experience includes more than a decade as CEO of Mercy Health System of Oklahoma. She then served as Sr. Vice President of Workforce Solutions for the entire Mercy system, a role in which she was instrumental in the selection and implementation of Managed Service Provider (MSP) and Vendor Management Systems (VMS).
"We're thrilled to welcome Di Smalley to the AHSG Board of Directors,” said Mark Smith, CEO. “Di is a wealth of knowledge, thanks to her impressive experience in clinical settings and healthcare operations. She will be a vital part of our team that is dedicated to delivering forward-thinking, visionary solutions to our clients.
Some of Smalley’s notable career recognitions and accomplishments include:
- Becker’s Hospital Review Top 100 Woman Hospital and Healthcare Executives to Know (three separate instances)
- Becker’s Hospital Review “15 Hospital CEO’s and CFOs to Know”
- Gold Medal Award, the highest honor granted by the American College of Healthcare Executives
- Woman of the Year – 50 Making a Difference, Oklahoma Journal Record (2014)
- Co-founder of Avantas and pioneer of a predictive model for staffing to minimize human resource waste and maximize labor efficiency.
AHSG is a leading workforce solutions provider in the healthcare sector, having been named this year to prestigious lists including:
- The Oklahoman Top Work Places (#1) of 2022
- SIA Best Firms to Work For
- SIA Largest Healthcare Staffing Firms in the United States
- SIA Largest Travel Nurse Staffing Firms in the United States
- SIA Fastest-Growing U.S. Healthcare Staffing Firms
About American Health Staffing Group:
AHSG is a national healthcare talent and technology services business, serving thousands of endpoints across health systems, hospitals, and outpatient clinics in all 50 states. AHSG’s seven divisions span the entire healthcare workforce solutions continuum and include its leading flagship SaaS products, Trio VMS, Trio Shifts and Insight ATS+. AHSG is a portfolio company of Littlejohn & Co., LLC.
If you would like to arrange for an interview with CEO Mark Smith to discuss this topic or other AHSG innovations, please contact Cade Webb, Marketing Manager, at (405) 697-2099. For more information about AHSG Workforce Solutions, visit www.theahsg.com. For more information about AHSG’s leading vendor-neutral workforce solutions software, Trio, visit www.ahtgsolutions.com/trio-vms. For more information about AHSG’s leading vendor-neutral Managed Service Provider, AHSA, visit www.ahsa.com.