Based in Edmond, Oklahoma, American Health Staffing Group, Inc.(“AHSG”) is a leading provider of talent and technology solutions to the healthcare industry. AHSG is one of the fastest-growing firms in the healthcare staffing industry and operates through four business lines: staffing, interim leadership, managed services and technology. More information can be found at https://www.theahsg.com.
We are looking for a talented, self-motivated, and experienced Director of Information Technology to oversee our rapidly growing portfolio of healthcare staffing companies. In this role, you will work directly with the CTO to design and implement our corporate IT strategy to support four different business lines across offices in Oklahoma, Texas, Michigan, and Oregon. You will need to be highly skilled at assembling and managing internal teams, as well as selecting and managing external vendors to achieve identified goals in the areas of infrastructure, networking, security, application support, automation, and process improvement. Experience with Microsoft Office 365 and Azure will be essential.
AHSG is a 300-employee company that is fast-paced, cutting-edge, and rapidly growing. You will have the ability to build a team to support the organization as it grows, and you will be well supported by the CTO and other executives as you lead the organization into the future.
The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of Microsoft Cloud technologies, hardware, infrastructure, networking, security, and support (both application and end-user). This position can be located in Frisco, Texas or Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
· Design and implement IT strategies and infrastructure.
· Oversee and accountable for all technical infrastructure including O365, Azure resources, corporate servers, firewalls, individual end-points, etc..
· Responsible for administration of Microsoft Office 365 across all Operating Companies. This includes, but is not limited to, AD, User Administration, Email, Security, VOIP, Power BI, etc.
· Identify, mitigate, and eliminate security risks. Responsible for administration and maintenance of the corporate InfoSec policy, on-going monitoring, and monthly reporting.
· Responsible for corporate Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity (DRBC) plan.
· Develop and maintain relationships with external IT vendors and service providers.
· Manage company helpdesk which also includes first-line application support of internal and 3rd party applications.
· Oversee and accountable for all corporate hardware including asset procurement/configuration, tracking, life cycle management, and disposal. Responsible for maintaining and upgrading corporate Common Operating Environment (COE) as computing needs change.
· Executive support – 24/7/365 white glove service with the goal of single-touch completion.
· Support back-office with supporting systems, solutions, and integrations to ensure efficient operation of critical, time-sensitive financial operations.
· Various special projects such as new office build-outs, office reconfigurations, custom solutions utilizing Microsoft PowerApps, etc.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
· 5+ years experience in IT Operations
· 3+ years experience overseeing IT teams and projects
· Proficient in Microsoft Office 365administration and Azure
· Certifications and continuing education preferred
· Experience with integration / development projects is a plus
· High attention to detail
· Exceptional problem-solving skills
· Strong organizational and project management skills
· Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
· Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
· Team oriented