Partner with CFO on all technical accounting matters, internal controls, management, financial and statutory reporting, including consolidation accounting for all American Healthcare Staffing Group, Inc. (AHSG) entities. Ensure compliance with US GAAP and AHSG accounting policies. Work with Controller to provide solutions for the complex/significant business issues/problems, where no precedent may exist, and ensure implementation where appropriate.
- Coordinate all of the corporate accounting functions (AP, AR, GL) including all aspects of the general ledger. With acquisitions, duties will become more separate by legal entity/location.
- Management of monthly close/consolidation process.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and year-end analyses.
- Monitor and report on debt covenant compliance.
- GAAP research and technical accounting ‘go-to’ person
- Recommend enhancements to accounting and other finance related policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Coordinate tax and statutory reporting and filings with external tax providers including Payroll Service.
- Serving as a liaison with external auditors and tax consultants as assigned.
- Challenge and recommend improving the use of financial systems to increase productivity and enhance reporting capabilities.
- Set direction and business priorities for any assigned direct reports.
- Assist CFO with monthly Operational and quarterly Board Reporting package including analysis.
- Participate in annual corporate budgeting process and any interim forecasting.
- Assist with various special projects and ad hoc analysis including acquisitions.
- Work experience in a similar role within a service based organization.
- Prefer 2 years public accounting experience.
- Possess an understanding of the governing requirements and financial expectations, for statutory, operational & management financial reporting.
- Willingness and desire to support non-financial functions.
- Experience working in a fast paced and growing organization.
- Ability to understand the "big picture" yet able to get involved with daily activities.
- Contract Revenue Accounting/Project Accounting experience is a plus.
- Service industry experience a plus
- Intacct, Xero, QuickBooks experience a plus.
- Intercompany experience a plus.
- Heavy MS Excel and experience with MS Access background.
- Strong communication skills.
- Deadline oriented.